Nigeria: Stop the ‘Jail the Gays’ Bill
Published November 15, 2012: At any moment, Nigeria’s parliament could pass one of the harshest anti-gay laws the world has ever seen. What’s the big deal? If you are gay – or even support someone who is – this new law could send you to jail for up to 10 years. And, if you get married – it’s 14!
Our friends in Nigeria are standing up to the bullies in the Assembly but they need your support. It will only take one minute to sign on to support and share it with your friends, but it will make a huge difference. If 100,000 of us stand with Nigerian activists – as we did last year – we can stop this heinous bill from passing. Sign now.
All Out is working closely with the following partner organisations in Nigeria:
- Changing Attitude Nigeria
- Improved Youth Health Initiative
- Initiative for Advancement of Humanity
- International Center for Advocacy on Right to Health
- Sexual Minorities Against AIDS in Nigeria
- The Initiative for Equal Rights
- The Initiative for Improved Male Health
- Nigerian LGBTIs in the Diaspora Against Anti-Same Sex Laws
Go here to sign the petition to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.