- closure of philosophy at middlesex: fightback starts now
- email the dean at middlesex to register your disapproval of philosophy cuts
- huge initial response to announcement of middlesex philosophy closure
- radical philosophy response to msex cuts
- msex philosophy closure: more people and more damning facts with which to email them
- petition to save middlesex philosophy
- some professors respond to the closure of middlesex philosophy
Now you know what you have to do. Sign the Save Middlesex Philosophy petition. Join the campaign’s Facebook group. E-mail Dean Edward Esche at email@example.com, and send a copy and any reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interest in philosophy has in fact grown massively in recent years. This is, in part, due to the increased numbers of students taking A-level philosophy, but is also the result of the widespread desire for critical thought and analysis in the face of an increasingly disorienting world. Closure at Middlesex would be a step back to the bad old days when philosophy meant a few young, white and almost entirely male students at privileged institutions discussing the finer points of formal logic over sherry. Middlesex University must be prevented from dismantling one of the finest philosophy departments in the country: fight to keep philosophy alive.